I Learned How To Do Makeup From Japanese Fashion Magazines

The title is a true statement.

While I went to a couple Mary-Kay parties in high school, I didn't actually learn how to get the cute looks I saw in Teen Magazine to transfer from the pages to my face. I wasn't allowed to read Vogue and Seventeen, so I can't comment on their makeup tutorials for younger gals, if indeed they had them.

Fast forward a good couple of years, Aaron and I are in Osaka Japan for our Honeymoon. In what has come to be my most favorite shopping area ever I've ever been to in my life, I came across and open aired bookstore with dozens of fashion magazines out front. There on the table I saw magazine after magazine that looked like the Japanese counterpart to Vogue, Cosmo, and the like, but there was one major difference: some looked liked they were stuffed with tiny boxes with large rubber bands around them to hold them close.

Assuming the items that were featured in a bubble next to the cover model *might* just be inside I decided to buy a couple. I mean, if this magazine really had a pair of flip flops inside, and if that magazine had a cute little tote bag inside... well.. I'm down! Turns out, I was completely right!

Not only did I score of the awesome loot that was included in the magazine, I found multiple makeup and hair tutorials. And by tutorials, I mean 4 - 12 picture step by step instructions. And my many, I mean 3-4 makeup tutorials and 4-5 hair tutorials.

I have never seen this in an American magazine. That's not to say they don't exist, because I don't subscribe to any so I have no idea. Cosmo.com has some video tutorials, but that's all I know.

Anyways. Back to the topic at hand. I brought a couple magazines back from Seattle and I wanted to share them with you.


I actually don't know the title of this magazine, (I've never bought it before) but it has Koda Kumi (who I dig) on the cover. Plus neat loot so I had to grab it.

What is in this the box!?

A bag! Yay!

Like this cool cape? Here are three different ways to wear it.

This sweeping braid super pretty. Want to know how to do this look?

Read right to left. There ya go. Quick and easy. Add a flower bow or lace hair clip for accent.

Curious how to get this hair AND makeup look?

Here's the item's used for the look, and step by step instructions on how to get the look yourself.

Cute braid! Want! Subtle makeup! LOVE!

#score

What's going on here? I see cute braids, but not quite sure how...

Don't be intimidated!! You are four easy steps away from having your hair look this great!

Getting a bit hungry from having your mind blown from all this awesome stuff?! No worries, this mag's got you covered.

Cut, bread, fry, saute, serve, done.


What do you guys think? Isn't this really cool!? I have two more magazines with pictures I want to post, but I will save that for a part TWO blog post later on (sometime soon). It's, like, 11pm and I want to go spend time with Aaron. Hope everyone is having a super duper Wednesday night! Love you!

P.S. I filled my bag!




Crissy said...

I used to collect those hair/makeup tutorials. Many more pictures and easy directions. It's so cool you get things in em! Like the bag :D Can't wait to see the others!

Have a good night!

Magical Daydream said...

Cool I always enjoy seeing tutorials and DIY's. Thanks for sharing!

x

Marielle

Bubble My Licorice said...

I love hair and make up tutorials :)
great post!!

bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.