Late Edition of Makeup Monday

First off, how can I begin to thank each and every one of you for your incredibly awesome and supportive comments on my last blog post?

That post was a little bit hard to write- I hadn't posted something so personal to me before. Between the comments here, tweets, emails, and phone calls, I know it was the right thing to do and feel encouraged and pumped about it.

Thank you! Thank you! I love you!! ♥

The Self Love Revolution reminded me of something I wanted to post about for a while~ Benefit's lip and cheek stains. I have been wearing these for a while paired with Neutrogena MoistureShine lip gloss for a while now and love it. Today I figured I would feature these in a makeup tutorial.

For this tutorial, I am wearing Benefit's ChachaTint, which is a peachy-orange color and Benefit's newest tint, with matching Neutrogena's MoistureShine in "Smimmer" lipgloss.

A: cream-pink eyeshadow
B: dark brown-gold eyeshadow
C: brown eyeliner
D: brown mascara
E: Benefit ChachaTint
F: Neutrogena MoistureShine in Shimmer


With A cover your entire eyelid. Add B On the outside corner of your eyelid. I was going for a "cat eye" look so I went up and out at a slight angle. Using a clean finger, blend the dark shadow inwards, creating a gradient effect between the two colors. Make sure to blend any harsh lines.


Next dab a little bit of the Chachatint (E) onto your finger. A little goes a long way with this stuff so if you are nervous start with tiny amounts and work your way up to an amount that you are comfortable with. I use my middle finger for this part.

Put half of this amount onto a finger from your other hand and apply lightly to your cheeks. Use your ring finger to blend blend blend. If you have any extra on your fingers, apply this to your lips. Add more tint if necessary. Then add the matching gloss (F) and you're done!

This look is pretty bold for me, but I think I'll get used to it the more I wear it. Lipstick Revolution GO!

Peach lip color is really popular in Japan and isn't seen often very much over here. Maybe I like it because it isn't a color you see a lot of women. I often use peach-orange lip and cheek color when I'm wearing clothes with dark blues or olive green colors, but I think it could look great with other colors as well.

Do you have any certain colors that you wear when you are wearing certain clothes?
ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh i love this shade of lipstick! i love keeping things simpler clothing wise when i wear bright colored make-up.

backing up to check out this post you're talking about, friend.

happy weekend!

Chandra said...

The lip tint is lovely! Really liking the bolder make up :) keep up the fantastic blogs!

Contemplating Beauty said...

SO pretty!!! Ok, got it now, the cha cha tint one, sweet, I've not tried it yet, it looks amazing on YOU!

this was such a blast !

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.