My Uniform

Before the work day starts, before the incredibly energetic child gets on his feet, before running errands and everything in between, there is MORNING. Mornings are awfully challenging for me. My mind takes so long to get into focus that it prevents me from doing anything in a timely manner. Especially getting dressed.

One way I have been working on fixing this issue is by purging my closet and only keeping items I love and wear regularly. When I attempted a mini capsule wardrobe two years ago I was able to find what works for me and my post-baby body, and what doesn't. Since then I have built up a happy closet full of clothes in a style I feel confident in. So full that I have a hard time putting an outfit together.


Most days you will find me wearing a variation of: layered tank-on-tank or tee-on-tank, cardigan or button up, jeans/jean shorts, and flats. This is my uniform. It has become a signature look for me in the last year and a half. It is easy to mix up, dress up, make casual, and most of all it is comfy.

It wasn't until I read Karin's post about uniforms that it really got me thinking and inspired to write about it. Karin is one of my favorite fashion bloggers because of her posts on capsule wardrobes and simplified living. It seems that my day to day life is getting more full and her posts help me get my mind sorted out on how I want to tackle things.


For the third or forth time this year I am inspired to go through my closet and purge a bunch of clothes. This time since I have such a clear idea of my style is and what I feel best wearing, it will be easier for me to part with some items that I've been hanging on to. My goal is by summer to be at the point where getting dressed isn't as time consuming or stressful as it is currently. By keeping only items that fit into my uniform I should be able to make this happen. There will be a few exceptions to this, of course, but I aim to have 90% of my closet be made up of pieces for my uniform.

Do you have a uniform or particular style that you wear regularly? Does it help you get dressed quickly in the mornings?

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.