2016 Bullet Journal Setup

Since letting go of our employees last year, and having worked almost every day since then, I have learned there is a difference between being busy and being productive. I noticed I was not really taking an active part of my life because it was the same thing day after day. This made me want to put things into perspective. I wanted to "track" aspects of my life so see what I was actually doing with my time and see how I can be more PRESENT in it.



I snagged myself a Traveler's Journal Notebook by Midori and started a Bullet Journal. Bullet journaling was something I debated doing when I started my planner (and even started a diary), but I didn't think the format was what I needed at the time. It is now.

If you aren't familiar with Bullet Journals there's a great video here and here, which can explain it a lot better than I can.




The flexibility of this type of journal allows me to use however much space I need for any one day (not what a week-on-two-page planner has separated out for me) and I change change things up as needed. For instance, in August when I set up my monthly pages I used one whole spread for the month (the left page for the monthly calendar and the right page for events, notes, etc) and I really only used the left page. When I set up September's calendar I only used the left calendar page and started my daily entries immediately after that, so there was no wasted space.

On a side note, am I the only one who gets stressed out about unused spaces in planners? For some reason I feel this pressure to use every inch of a page so if it's left unused I feel bad about it. Any one else feel that way?



Some of the things I wanted to keep track of was how much time I spent at work, how much time I spent in car, how many hours of sleep I'm getting, the amount of quality time I'm spending with Dean, and how much time we're spending together as a family. I wasn't sure if what I felt I was doing was what I was actually doing. Does that make sense?

So I've been using this for going on three months now and I do think it has helped me get a better understanding of what I'm doing with my time and how I can better spend it. Not only that but I feel more in control of my life. Definitely more present in it. There are definitely things I still need to work on, but this journal has helped me get on the path I want to get on.

How do you keep track of your time? Do you keep track of it even? What are some things you do keep track of? ♥

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.