Smores Stuffed Braided Puff Pastry


This is probably my favorite dessert recipe of all time. For the moment anyways, haha! I mean, it's pretty much the best thing ever- chocolate, marshmallows, and Golden Grahams baked to flakey golden perfection. Since running into the recipe that inspired this on Instagram a few weeks ago I have made this four times. Since puff pastry comes two to a pack it makes sense to use them two nights in a row. Totally not excessive at all. Nope.


Ingredients:
1 Puff Pastry sheet
1 handful of mini chocolate chips
1 handful of mini marshmallows (or cut up big marshmallows into little pieces)
1 handful of Golden Graham cereal
1 egg, mixed
Powdered sugar for sprinkling

To Make:
- Prehead oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package, position chocolate chips, marshmallows, and cereal in center column.
- Use a knife to cut and fold pastry like in this video.
- With a spoon to cover the entire pastry with the mixed egg.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until your preferred color of gold.
- Immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut and enjoy!




I have no shame in telling you I ate the entire thing by myself while playing games in bed. It is adulting at it's best! Crumbs in bed be damned! It was so good so I have no regrets.

The other night we had some friends over for a scary movie night and I made this but filled it with mixed fruits (blueberries, black berries, strawberries, and raspberries) with a little bit of flour + butter crumbles. Instead of topping it with powdered sugar, I topped it with more flour + butter crumbles, and then once it was baked I added Cool Whip.

This dessert is so versatile and easy to make I feel like I'll be making it frequently from now on, for any (or no) occasion. What fillings do you think would be super tasty inside this? I was thinking maybe lemon + sugar would be fun to try. What do you think? ♥

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.