Balancing

Hi friends~

How are you doing? I hope you are well. All is fairly well over here in my little part of the world. It's 80* today and there's a bit of a breeze blowing through town. It's rather nice. How is the weather where you are? I heard there was snow in Kansas City yesterday. Crazy!

Despite the happy sunshine I'm a little stressed today. Long story short, the people who did our taxes last year are dumb and now we're in this situation where there's lots of money needing to go in more places than we planned in a short amount of time and we're scrambling. Lucky for us we have been able to take care of the situation but it's made April and May very difficult. That light at the end of the tunnel we're "head down and powering through" is changing size on me. It was looking like I was getting close to the end, but actually I have a lot farther to go than I thought.

I'm not the first woman to get stressed out about things like this and I won't be the last. Working through it all in a productive and positive way is what I'm focusing on. Instead of fixating on the negative, I'm trying to turn it around. I'm trying to keep things lighthearted and fun so things aren't so hard. Lots of videos of baby animals are watched everyday, and Aaron and I share lots of kisses and back tickles.

Today my mind is taking over and I'm over thinking things- a lot: I'm stressed- yeah, so are lots of other people. We're super tight on money- at least we can afford our home/car/food/hair dye/new books/etc. I feel like I have time to do nothing but sleep/eat/work- Aaron and I do great about making the small amount of time we have together fun. I want to spend more time cleaning the house, picking up my big pile of shoes and clothes but I don't feel like I have the time- I should find the time because millions of other people out there find the time to pick up their shoes and clothes. So now I'm feeling bad about feeling stressed, and that's not helping anything.

Finding a way to slow my brain and body down- find a balance between work and home. This is what I need to do. What do you do to help not get stressed out about adult-y things? How do you balance your responsibilities and fun time? I think if I tweak the way I do things, I'll be less stressed about it. I'll find the balance! I WILL! In the mean time, I'm going to grab some food and have dinner with Aaron. *waves*

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.