Blog Hop and Tutorial

Happy Thursday everyone! How is your week going? I hope it's going by swimmingly! Fall is here and I LOVE it! The red/orange/yellow leaves everywhere, the crisp air, the smell of fires in chimney's, pumpkin and cinnamon scented everything... it's just wonderful!

If you are stopping by here from

Chantillysongs Blog hop

The Totally Awesome Blog Hop ~ Welcome! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

A quick blurb about me: I have been blogging on and off for 10 years now, my 144th month anniversary with my husband is on November 17th, we're expecting our first baby in April, we own a little shop called Sunken Treasures Games, I knit, love Japanese pop music, have traveled to Japan four times, constantly on Twitter and Instagram, enjoy astrophysics and wrestling, and am smitten with my cat. A long blurb about me can be found here. *^_^*


One thing I used to post a lot on my blog was makeup tutorials. Colorful and fun eye shadow combinations are a fave of mine. I'm a no-hassle sort of gal so I don't like my routine to take forever, so I post quick and easy picture tutorials for looks I wear. The following is a tutorial for the eye shadow look I've been wearing every day for about a week now~ it takes me a whole minute I think to do it. I think I'll start posting more of these again. d^___^b

Pinky beige/Blue/Gray Eye Shadow


No eye shadow to eye shadow.

First off, I use brown eyeliner and mascara, and they are perfect in my opinion~ they give you a bold, dark color without that blaring black look. If you have dark or naturally thick/long eyelashes, brown really helps prevent that "tarantula" look around your eyes. If you have lighter colored or thin/short eyelashes, brown helps give the illusion of naturally full lashes without a harsh contrasting black eye. If you've never tried brown I highly recommend it! The Maybelline mascara I use was on sale at Fred Meyers last time I was there.

The products I use in this tutorial: a misc eye shadow palette from Walgreens (w/pinky beige [A], bright navy blue [B], and a silvery dark gray [C]), Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliner in brown sugar, Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Smoky Eyes in Scorching Brown.




Add the A to just your eye lids and then along the outer half under your eye.


With B, line the outer third to half of your eye, starting thick on the outside and quickly thinning out at an angle. You maybe need to do this a couple times to get a slightly bold color. Next add just a baby bit to the outer corner of your bottom lash line. Just enough to add some color, don't totally line your eye.

Then take the eyeliner and line the outer third of your upper lash line and the outer eighth to fourth of your bottom lash line.


Now take C and carefully go over just the areas you used eyeliner. As for mascara, I only do the outer half of my upper lashes and outer third of my bottom lashes in an "up and out" sort of motion (starting by going up but then out towards the sides of my face). I feel like it fans out my lashes better.



There we go! Super easy and pretty look that takes no time at all!

In other excited news~ I finished a knitting project last night. It's a Sharo Cowl made with some hand dyed & spun wool I was given as gift. It reminds me of Fruit Loops lol!


Cowls have been my favorite accessory this fall so far. They work with just about everything I wear and keep me snuggly warm. If you follow me on IG I think I'm wearing a cowl in just about every pic for the last week or so hehe!

Do you have a favorite fall accessory?

Take care~ ♥♥♥
Lexi said...

Super cute make up!
You commented on my blog from the blog hop and I just followed your blog I can't wait to see more!

Erica said...

You make me want to attempt to learn to knit again but I could just never get the hang of it. All of your work is so beautiful. Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

hilde said...

this is so cute! looks so simple as well!

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.