Don't Just Stand There

photo by Jeff Sheldon

"Don't just stand there" ~ I just love this picture. It made me realize that I am just standing still with my blog. For whatever reason, when I get nervous about something, or am unsure about what to do about something, I end up not doing anything. I think, and over think, the situation so much nothing happens. Has this ever happened to you?

I remember starting my first blog eleven years ago. It was at work actually. I fresh out of high school was working as an administrative assistant for a local sub contracting company that both of my parents had worked at at one point. It was owned by a family and my situation there was just weird~ I answered to three different people all telling me different things, no two people agreeing often on what I should do. It was the worst job I've ever had. Long story short I started a blog as an outlet so Aaron didn't have to hear about it every day. This blog was nothing I cared people read because it was just my sounding board.

Once I quit and got a new job that I was happy at, I got into making pixel art and started a new blog for that. Hours upon hours were spent at my computer dressing little "dolls" in cute little outfits, participating in contests, and being a part of the community. It was a super fun time. Eventually I got distracted with knitting and switched the focus of my blog to that.

I was o b s e s s e d with knitting. Like knitting 20-30 hours a week obsessed. I wanted to become a knitwear designer and started designing my own knitting patterns. Before too long I developed tendinitis in both my wrists which caused me to not knit for close to two years. Despite giving my wrists time enough to heal, knitting is still something I can't do for any length of time (when I do have time for a hobby because of baby, haha). I felt a bit lost.

When Aaron and I opened up our store, I because the face of the company so started really focusing on my hair, makeup and clothes. Blogging about all that was fun. Even when I was pregnant, I really enjoyed it.

Now that I've had Dean, and I'm busy with him and the store, I'm not quite sure what to do with this place. I don't have a lot of time to devote to it, and my mind is so busy being preoccupied with my insecurities, I don't really want to keep blogging about that. I feel like I'm in this transitional stage right now, and I'm trying to figure things out. Over the past week or so I've been reading everything I can get my mouse pointer on in regards to blogging.

- Wonder Forest
- Autumn Leaves
- A Beautiful Mess
- London Beauty Queen

These blogs all have posts that I've read and re-read. These gals have their stuff together and really understand blogging. I really appreciate what they have to say, and I've learned a lot. After doing all the reading, I find myself noticing that my blog is lacking (according to them)- I'm not a good writer and I can't take good pictures (nor do I care to get a pricey camera, tripod, lighting, and props). Not that that's a big deal because I'm not trying to be a crazy super popular blog, just a blog that some people enjoy reading. So what do I do? What do I write about? What am I even passionate enough about to write interesting blog posts about?

There isn't an easy answer to that, so I'm not doing anything. I downloaded this blogging app for my phone called Bloggo to help with "blogging on the go". Maybe that'll help me get the blogging juices flowing.

With all this being said, I'd like to say thank you for stopping by and reading my blabberings. Honestly, I really really appreciate it. I'm just one gal with a tiny spot on the huge internet. Hopefully you'll stick around and see where this transition takes me. <3
Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful. I enjoy all of your posts and appreciate the truth of your blogs. You don't curate only the best of your life, like some blogs. You share what's hapening and how you feel and that's refreshing. Move forward and change as you need to, but know that your blog is valued as is. Best wishes!

Latest Instagrams

© KnittedFox. Design by Fearne.